26 replies to this topic

#21 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6255 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

To not annoy you anymore going forward I am not noting on the forums when something has been added to the tracking system. I will only comment when an item is fixed and will be in the next update.

Renee, I hope you will reconsider. Your affirmations that issues or enhancements have been recognised and logged in the tracking system have been a very positive improvement to the message board and, I think, has effectively moderated its tone. Understandably, there is frustration when issues have been long ago raised and to date ignored - unavoidable, Im afraid, when a new upgrade comes out without the fix or enhancement. Unfortunately for you, you are on the front line of the messaging system - we users have to remember that you are the messenger in support of our cause. Please keep up the good work.

Best regards,

Tom

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#22 John James

John James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:00 AM

I also hope Renee keeps reporting as at present, the slowness of fixes is not her fault.

User Satisfaction% = (problems solved / problems added to tracking system) * 100

Simple, just get the development team to fix more problems

#23 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3425 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:35 AM

FTR, the release of RM5 has left me very disappointed in the lack of development of Place Management, perhaps my expectations were just too high :(

Being a dreamer who has some faith in Bruce, the popularity of all things Places and the fact RM5 release may have been forced prematurely I got to wondering is there an new Place List in development on Bruce’s desk.

I also wonder why the Place List was touched at all by adding the little bar and photo, it seems such trivial changes compared to the makeover long wished for.

Anyway, here is one user wishing his gut feeling is correct and I can personally guarantee RM another $20 if and when ;)

We are all limited by our visions and abilities

Whilst we can borrow from the visions of others we cannot always deliver.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.2, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#24 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:02 AM

Renee, I hope you will reconsider. Your affirmations that issues or enhancements have been recognised and logged in the tracking system have been a very positive improvement to the message board and, I think, has effectively moderated its tone. Understandably, there is frustration when issues have been long ago raised and to date ignored - unavoidable, Im afraid, when a new upgrade comes out without the fix or enhancement. Unfortunately for you, you are on the front line of the messaging system - we users have to remember that you are the messenger in support of our cause. Please keep up the good work.

Best regards,

Tom

Ok, I am going to start marking when I added something to the tracking system. I need it for my own recording keeping.
Renee
RootsMagic

#25 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6255 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:09 AM

Ok, I am going to start marking when I added something to the tracking system. I need it for my own recording keeping.

Great! Thank you!

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#26 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3425 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:04 PM

Peace on earth and goodwill to all men (and women) :D

Good news......

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.2, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Root

#27 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3425 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

I have started a new discussion on Place Details and their management, hopefully you can contribute at the link below.

http://forums.rootsm...-and-reporting/

Root