Photo

Bug - Ability to list same person multiple times in the "People Who Share This Fact" window

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 leeirons

leeirons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:28 PM

This if for Roots Magic Version 5.0.0.2, on an ASUS laptop with Windows 7 Version 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1.

Open the Edit Person window of a person, highlight a fact, click on the Share button, click on Add Person,select Choose Person From Database, highlight a person in the Roots Magic Explorer window, click on Select. At this point, the Edit Shared Event window should be showing with the person's name showing next to the Select button. Click on OK. Now this person will show up in the list of People Who Share This Fact. Click on Add Person again and follow the same process to add the very same person. As you can see, the person shows up twice in the list, as if this is two separate people. Click on OK to go back to the Edit Person window, and you can see that each instance of the same person is counted as a separate person in the count of people who share the fact.

The redundancy of the person being listed twice under the same fact causes the fact to be listed twice under that person in every report. So th system does not seem to be catching the redundancy anywhere.

Submitted as Request #14085 to Roots Magic Support.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7921 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:07 AM

Confirmed your findings in both RM4 and RM5. I think this is an intentional design though. It is counting links and not people. Technically wouldn't you expect a person to be only linked to the shared event once. I would want some type of alert showing how many "people" or "links" there are for a shared event. The count being "off" would alert me to the fact I have someone entered twice. I actually see this as a good thing.
Renee
RootsMagic