8 replies to this topic

#1 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3570 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

• Created a new, empty database and added a single person by clicking on an empty box on the screen in Pedigree View. After adding the person, the mouse pointer is "locked" and will not work. At this point, the mouse pointer looks like the symbol that many wall posters have when they are saying "No Whatever", with a big red circle with a slash through it on top of a picture of "Whatever". Windows calls this symbol the "Unavailable" symbol, and renders it in white rather than in red. This is a real Mickey Mouse, trivial little error because the mouse pointer can be unlocked by simply clicking the mouse. But it's still annoying. I've noticed that the error manifests itself in some of the RM webinars, but the presenter always clears the error quickly and deftly and without comment.
  • Drag and drop and GEDCOM export still loses carriage returns at the end of notes. I view this as a very serious bug because it's a data integrity problem.
Jerry

#2 Ludlow Bay

Ludlow Bay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:42 PM

[*]Created a new, empty database and added a single person by clicking on an empty box on the screen in Pedigree View. After adding the person, the mouse pointer is "locked" and will not work.

Confirming.

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8457 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:31 AM

Confirming issues have been reported in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic

#4 John James

John James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:01 AM

Drag and drop and GEDCOM export still loses carriage returns at the end of notes. I view this as a very serious bug because it's a data integrity problem.

I read somewhere it may still drop media items and other bits which were reported bugs in RM4 a long time ago!

#5 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2069 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:47 AM

Which media items may be dropped? I'm not sure that I recall this one, but may just need to be reminded if it truly is a problem.

#6 John James

John James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:58 AM

Which media items may be dropped? I'm not sure that I recall this one, but may just need to be reminded if it truly is a problem.

Found it again but maybe it is more to do with merging, anyway would be interesting to see if it was fixed

http://www.vyger.co....rge-issues.html

#7 Ludlow Bay

Ludlow Bay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:38 AM

Confirming issues have been reported in our tracking system.

Ah, the bottomless-pit tracking system returns.

#8 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8457 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:44 PM

Found it again but maybe it is more to do with merging, anyway would be interesting to see if it was fixed

http://www.vyger.co....rge-issues.html

No changes have been made to merging at this time.
Renee
RootsMagic

#9 John James

John James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:58 AM

No changes have been made to merging at this time.

procrastination
1540s, from L. procrastinationem "a putting off," noun of action from procrastinare "put off till tomorrow," from pro- "forward" + crastinus "belonging to tomorrow," from cras "tomorrow," of unknown origin.

noun
the act or habit of procrastinating, or putting off or delaying, especially something requiring immediate attention: He was smart, but his constant procrastination led him to be late with almost every assignment.