• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jenny

Jenny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:47 PM

I am trying to import my genealogical data to PH from RootsMagic 4. When it asks what is the name of the data you wish to import I select the rmgc file from my C drive - C:\Users\****\Documents\****.rmgc (I have starred out some of the info, but you get the idea. Then on the next screen Subject of History who is this history about? screen, there are no names listed and the "next" button is greyed out. I have tried difference rmgc files and none of them will import the names; I cannot get any further with any of them. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6250 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:29 AM

You need the latest version of PH?

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Jenny

Jenny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:15 PM

Sorry, but I'm not sure if that was a question or not. I don't have the latest version. Is that what is wrong?

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6250 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:19 PM

I don't have any version but I think I read that direct import from .rmgc was a new feature. Otherwise export a Gedcom from rm4 and import it.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8447 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:18 PM

PH1 will take a direct import from RM4 but we don't recommend it. There is an issue with relationships getting messed up. It is recommended that you use a GEDCOM to import your genealogy files.

The import works fine in PH2.
Renee
RootsMagic

#6 jonczar

jonczar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:49 AM

It didn't work fine on PH ESSENTIALS LATEST VERSION.

Jon

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8447 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:30 PM

Are you still unable to view the names of people in your RootsMagic file when selecting who this history is about? We could test your RootsMagic file and make sure it hasn't become corrupted. First walk me through each screen and the options you picked along the way. Maybe we are missing a step here.
Renee
RootsMagic