• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 volschin

volschin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:06 AM

I have installed the test version of RM4. I tried to test the new DNA test functionality, but this needs a purchase before.

The screen in the help look fine, but is anyone able to help me out if the data is exported via GEDCOM and if yes with a sample how this looks like in the GEDCOM?

Thanks for your help.

#2 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1636 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:24 AM

I have installed the test version of RM4. I tried to test the new DNA test functionality, but this needs a purchase before.

The screen in the help look fine, but is anyone able to help me out if the data is exported via GEDCOM and if yes with a sample how this looks like in the GEDCOM?

Thanks for your help.

I did not have a gedcom to import DNA info. Just typed it in. Easy to do as each company that does the DNA has different scenarios for the layout ..... :)

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0 

#3 volschin

volschin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:56 AM

And now as you have your DNA data in can you export it in a GEDCOM and send to a relative? You can easily check this by doing a selective export of a person who is having a DNA test and then importing in a newly created rootsmagic database. Is the data of the DNA test there?

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8413 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:59 PM

I have tested exporting a GEDCOM and using drag n' drop to a new database and the DNA information does not carry over. I have entered this bug into our tracking system for resolution.
Renee
RootsMagic

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8413 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:02 PM

I have tested exporting a GEDCOM and using drag n' drop to a new database and the DNA information does not carry over. I have entered this bug into our tracking system for resolution.

Follow-up: The GEDCOM standard does not have the capabilities to transfer DNA information.
Renee
RootsMagic

#6 volschin

volschin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:17 PM

Thank you for your reply, but not beeing able to exchange these data with others and only having a data tomb doesn't fit my needs.

#7 Ludlow Bay

Ludlow Bay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:42 PM

"data tomb" ...

... I like that

#8 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6213 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:43 PM

You might find these SQLite queries I developed of some interest and indicative of some potential for DNA data exchange. At least, the data is not unretrievable.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#9 volschin

volschin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:58 PM

Tom, cool site, I will have a deeper look on it. :)