4 replies to this topic

#1 Totnor

Totnor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:13 AM

I recently bought a new PC with Windows 7 -64 bit. Although my existing Family Atlas with latest update appears to have installed correctly, I found problems in showing places on the map even though they are shown on the side menu with folks' names. Investigation gave a message that FA is "incompatible". Trying to troubleshoot and fix proved not to work. Has anyone any suggestions, please?

Totnor

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7093 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:56 AM

Try uninstalling Family Atlas and then reinstalling the program. It is compatible with Windows 7-64 bit and should have installed in the (x86) program file.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Totnor

Totnor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:18 AM

Renee,
Thank you. But |I have uninstalled/reinstalled it twice, and the error message seems to appear so briefly I can't read it beyond it does have something about (x84). Then I can get a map, and import from RM4, but not all the places are marked on the map, even though they are clearly in the sidebar menu.

I'm foxed!

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7093 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:17 AM

We will need to take a look at your Family Atlas file to see what is happening. The Family Atlas file ends with .fatl . Go to http://support.roots...us_requests/new to fill out a request for help and upload your file. Also include the full error message and what it says.
Renee
RootsMagic

#5 ajaywilson

ajaywilson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:31 AM

Re-installing works when all fails.
Ajay